Effective from 8th of January 2023.
This Recruitment Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how Scoro Software OÜ and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Scoro”, “us” or “we”) process the personal data of candidates we contact and applicants that apply to a position (“you”) in connection with Scoro’s recruiting processes.
Please read this Privacy Notice prior to submitting your personal data to us. Kindly note that by submitting your personal data to us we consider that you have read through and confirm your understanding of this Privacy Notice and agree to the use of your personal data as set out herein.
We are the controller of your personal data. Our contacts are as follows: Scoro Software OÜ, Endla 15, Tallinn 10122, Estonia, registry code 10806081, [email protected]. Contact of our data protection officer at [email protected].
Personal data we collect about you
During the recruiting process, we may ask for submission of different information that enable us to assess your suitability to certain positions. You are not required to provide any requested information to us but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job. Categories of personal data we collect are listed below with the purpose of processing such personal data.
The lawful bases for processing (purpose of the personal data collection)
Performance of contract with the candidate
We process the personal data on this legal ground to enter into an employment contract or for taking measures prior to concluding of such contract based on your request.
|Purposes of processing
|Categories of personal data
|We process your personal data for the purpose of the recruitment process and for concluding an employment contract.
|Identification data (your full name, date of birth, personal ID, picture of your ID card or passport), contact data (address, e-mail address, phone number), banking data (IBAN number for salary payments), employment data, data in your CV and motivation letter, e.g information about your education and trainings and language skill.
Results of the tests made in the recruitment process.
In some cases, we rely on our legitimate interests when processing your personal data. You have the right to ask for clarifications regarding the processing based on the legitimate interests by sending the request to us at details below. You also have the right to send the objection, if you find that processing of your data for the purposes provided below prejudices your rights.
|Purposes of processing
|Categories of personal data
|We process personal data for the purpose of verifying the data submitted by you and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) and for the purpose of business management and administrative purposes, including maintaining our IT systems, record-keeping and improving our recruitment and business practices.
|Candidate’s identification data, data on the CV.
For recommendations from the candidate we process the recommender’s name, phone number/email address. We assume that the candidate has obtained the consent from the recommender prior to sharing the data with us.
|Having someone to call in case of an emergency regarding the employee
|Emergency contact’s name, phone number and relation to the employee
In some cases we process your personal data based on your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at every moment via email to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
|Purpose of processing
|Categories of personal data
|Making gifts to employees’ children and adapting our workspace in case the employee has dietary restrictions or other health issues.
|Identification data (name, date of birth) of employee’s children
Allergies or other health data that the employer should know
|To keep your contacts in case there is a suitable vacancy
|Data in your CV and data acquired during your previous recruitment process
Sources of your personal data
We usually collect personal data directly from you when you apply for a position with us or when we contact you with a possible job offer. In addition, we collect your personal data independently through different channels (e.g., via LinkedIn, other social media profiles, professional recruiting firms, from online job sites). We also may collect your personal data from third parties, such as professional recruiting firms, your references, prior employers, Scoro employees with whom you have interviewed, and employment background check providers, to the extent that this is permitted by applicable law.
If your candidacy has been proposed by a recruitment services provider, then the recruitment services provider has been the controller of your data upon proposing your candidacy. In such a case, please reach out to the recruitment services provider to find out more about how they process your personal data.
We collect your personal data via email, via phone, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
Your personal data may be accessed by Scoro employees and third-party service providers (“Service Provider”), such as:
- recruiters, interviewers and management working in the country of location of available position in Scoro;
- licensors and maintainers of IT systems, technical support staff;
- consultants that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices.
Transfer of your personal data
However, we only transfer and store your personal data outside the EU where we have a lawful basis to do so, including to a recipient who is: (i) in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for personal data; or (ii) under an instrument which covers the EU requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EU.
If you accept an offer of employment by us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personal records and will be retained in accordance with specific country requirements.
If we do not employ you, we may nevertheless continue to retain and use your personal data, based on your consent, for a period of time (which may vary depending on the country) for system administration purposes, to consider you for potential future roles, and to perform research. Thereafter, we retain your personal data for 5 years from the unsuccessful recruitment.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- the right of access to your personal data: you have the right to know whether Scoro processes your personal data and what is the purpose of processing your personal data
- right to rectification of your personal data: you have the right to request rectification of the personal data concerning you if the data are inaccurate or incomplete.
- right to withdraw your consent given for the processing of personal data
- right to erasure of your personal data („right to be forgotten“): in some cases, you have the right to demand erasure of the personal data concerning you, for example in case you withdraw your consent and there are no other legal grounds for the processing of the data.
- right to the restriction of processing: in some cases, you have the right to restrict the processing of the personal data concerning you for a certain time (e.g. if you have objected to the processing of personal data).
- right to object to the processing of your personal data: you have the right to object to the processing of personal data, which is processed based on legitimate interest, including profiling. Upon objection, we will no longer process the personal data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms.
- right to data portability: if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or the contract with us and the data processing is carried out by automated means, then you have the right to receive the data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Also, you have the right to claim to transmit those data to another service provider if it is technically possible.
- file a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you would like to make a request or have a question about personal data we have collected about you, please contact our data protection officer at [email protected].
If you would like to file a complaint with the Data Protection Inspectorate, you can find the contact details at www.aki.ee.
This Recruitment Privacy Notice is valid from 8th of January 2023. In case this Recruitment Privacy Notice has been confirmed by you on another date, this Recruitment Privacy Notice shall be deemed to be communicated to you from the date of such confirmation. Should you wish to access our previous versions of Recruitment Privacy Notice, please reach out to the Data Protection Officer ([email protected]).